Tuesday 27 February 2018

MRI Scan and a Gig!

Today was a bloody weird mixture of a day!

First thing I had a delightful MRI at East Surrey hospital. It has been snowing here for the past few days, luckily yesterday Rob put winter tyres on Beppe (my little Italian car!) and we drove to Redhill. The MRI was of my head, spine and chest. It was awful. Normally I am okay with MRIs, I just get on with them because there isn't much else you can do. But since my denosumab last week, I have been having massive pain flares. I had to lie very still on the hard MRI bed, with my head strapped into a thing that felt like a scold's bridle and a weight thing on my chest for two. fecking. hours. When you are having extreme pain in your spine, not being allowed to move whilst lying on something hard is not fun at all. I could cope with the beeping, whirring and clunking noises but it was unbelievably painful to lie that still for that long. Anyway I did it. Legend.

We then drove in the snow to Gatwick as we are having a few fun days in London. We caught the train from Gatwick up to London and got to our funky hub hotel. We chilled out for a bit, had dinner at The Diner and then went to a tiny venue called Hoxton Hall to see a singer Rob and I love called Aurora. There must have only been 250 people there so it was intimately awesome.


She also sung one of my motivation songs called Warrior. Have a listen

No comments:

Post a Comment