Wednesday 1 November 2017

Stepping out of the shadows

So I haven’t blogged properly in a long time. The truth is it’s been a difficult ride of late. So, what’s new in JojoLand:
  1. I’m no longer on the trial. Ribociclib had some seriously severe side effects which were impossible to cope with. I had already dropped down to 2 pills but it made no difference. We ended up having the “quality vs quantity discussion” but in the end it was taken out of my hands as TC made the decision. It’s supposed to be a wonder drug but with the side effects it causes it’s just not worth it.
  2. I’ve been in A & E 3 times in as many weeks. First time for severe back pain, sent away with oramorph. Second time for either a reaction to the contrast I had during or a severe panic attack. My heart rate was at 130 and stayed high for hours.Third time (ie now, blogging from my hospital bed) was for suspected spinal cord compression. It’s now been confirmed it’s not that thank goodness! My MRI scan did show a “white spot” at the top of my spine though, I found out a few hours ago it’s not mets, I burst into tears when they told me. Apparently it’s just “an anomaly” that could have always been there...
  3. I had a brain scan. The most noisy, claustrophobic scan ever. I’m waiting for further results on this. They have come back already as “abnormal” which is obviously shit scary. Cross fingers for me please.
  4. I’m going to need a new treatment plan. Once I find out wtf is going on with point 3 above then I’ll be in a position to move forward but for now I’m stuck in limbo land.
  5. I saved someone's life. I gave a man CPR and made him breathe again.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you lots - always here if you need a chat xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you, my fingers crossed of course. You never stop to amaze me, brave little life saver X

    ReplyDelete