Thursday 5 October 2017

Missing

I feel like I'm missing. Like the real me is lost. Like I disappeared on May 17th 2017. I keep trying to find the real Jo, the one who found joy in the simple every day things. To stop being selfish and only reflecting on myself and my symptoms. I miss her and I know other people do too. I want to be me again for myself, for Rob, for my family, for my friends, for my dogs but I feel stuck. 

I was talking to my Dad recently and he told me the phrase, "the light at the end of a tunnel is another train coming" and at the moment that's genuinely how I feel. Every appointment we have feels like another shit piece of news. 

I know I'm on "the best treatment in the world right now" for my cancer and that I should be bloody grateful as there are some many people out there who would love to have access to the drug but I'm just finding it really difficult to cope.

No comments:

Post a Comment