Monday 20 May 2013

6 Weeks Check-Up

Can hardly believe it's 6 weeks since I finished radiotherapy, blimey. Anyway, 6 weeks post-rads you have an appointment with your oncologist who looks after your radiotherapy. It's basically to check you skin is okay, not inflamed or broken in any way.

Rob & I drove to East Surrey, I had this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach the whole way. I knew I wasn't having any scans or anything but it was just the association with the hospital.

I went into the waiting room and as usual they were running 1/2 an hour late which did nothing to help my nerves.

Dr Zap then called us into his room and we had a chat and then he examined my skin. He said it looked really good and healthy with no signs of burning or irritation - hooray.

Silly Game: Help Dr Zap Kill The Cancer Cells

No comments:

Post a Comment