Friday 8 February 2013

Olivine

This evening I went to Olivine & Alison - a lady I met at the BCC Brighton Forum - came along too which was cool and she seemed to enjoy it.

Having not been there since November, it was a good opportunity to let them all know where I was in my treatment schedule (last time I went I was a fortnight post last chemo), to pick their brains about radiotherapy (my next lot of treatment) and to show off my hair!

When we got to Olivine, Marilyn. gave us something called a Big Box of Love, you can read more about the idea and how the company was born here. It was an enormous box and me & Rowena unwrapped it and I read the letter enclosed out to everyone. We then all got to unwrap a pressie :) I got a fab lavendar bath set, Alison got some bath salts, Rachel got Bathing Honey, there were nice notebooks, a make-up set, make-up bags and other bits - was really generous and what a lovely idea to send to people when they are having treatment to pick them up.


Sometimes at Olivine, we have someone coming in to talk to us, in the past there has been nutritionists, crystal healing, my new hair; and tonight we had a lady come in from Pretty Permanent Make-Up.

She spoke about what permanent make-up is and about the different types of permanent make-up that you can have. Although not my cup of tea (I'd be too scared of the needles!), the results did look pretty fab :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jojo,
    Can I just say for your readers that I had my eyebrows (lost to chemo) 'tattoo'd' by Mary-Anne at Pretty Permanent Makeup and they are fab, would recommend to anyone, and I dont like needles either. (close your eyes, you will be laying down anyway and wont see the needle). Well worth the anticipation.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks NannaB, nice to hear from someone with experience x

      Delete