Monday 10 September 2012

Stress

What an eventful weekend.... After the T chemo on Friday, we got told I would have a District Nurse come out on Sunday to give me a granocyte injection in my tummy to help stimulate white blood cell production. I was worried that as it was due to be on a
Sunday it wouldn't be organised properly and my fears proved right...

On Saturday we hadn't heard from the DNs so rung the number to find it was a Monday-Friday number, useful! Rob became the superhero and got us an appointment with a doctors that afternoon who had to sign off a form for the DNs to be authorised to come and give me the jabs. The doc thinks Guildford faxed the forms to the DNs on Friday evening who would have been closed by the time they got the forms, helpful!

Finally got a call on Sunday morning and the DN came over about midday to show how to do the injection.

Amazingly, Rob who hates injections, asked to learn how to do them so we don't have to faff in the future. So in the end Rob ended up actually giving me the injection (& will give me subsequent ones!) - My brave hero.

Feel pretty annoyed that we had to do all the chasing for this. When there is that much stress in the first place, the last thing you need is more!

The SEs of the injections are bone pain a bit like flu. I feel a little achey today but is a little like the calm before the storm as I feel like I'm waiting for worse to hit. We'll see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment