Thursday 6 September 2012

Next Chapter

Went to the new hospital yesterday, St Luke's Cancer Centre (hereafter CC) in Guildford. The hospital seems good (it's a dedicated CC for the South-East) but annoyingly it's an 100 mile round trip. 100 miles is okay(ish) whilst it's for chemo but when it comes to radiotherapy, I'll have to do that trip every single day (time off at weekends for good behaviour!) for a minimum of 3 weeks :S Could be as many as 7!

We have a CC parking permit because otherwise it would cost £4 an hour (!!) to park in the main area but helpfully the CC carpark is tiny.... Luckily there's a Tesco nearby so we can park there for 3 hours without stress.

The chemo nurses there seem nice and they explained a bit more to me about how the T part would affect me. It sounds scary but I'll deal with it. I feel fairly prepared with painkillers, various medications, moisturiser, nail strengthener, dark nail varnish, fruit, prune juice and everything left over from FEC.

Soon I'm going to be rattling as I need to take 8 steroids today in prep for tomorrow, then have the chemo and 8 more steroids on Friday and then 8 more steroids on Saturday - blimey!

Tonight I'm off to my Young Women's group at the Olive Centre, we're chatting to someone from My New Hair so that should be interesting, I have a few things to ask so I'll report back later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment