Wednesday 27 June 2012

Next steps

We've been told that the next step is for me to have my eggs harvested. Sounds like some sort of alien abduction procedure to me but it needs to be done as chemo can make 1/10 women infertile. We have an appointment at Royal Surrey in Guildford tomorrow to start this going.

I also need to have an Echo-Cardiogram which checks my heart but that's not until the end of July which is too long to wait so Rob's on the case there.
Another letter today was about a further mammogram biopsy they want me to have on the second lump just to be sure it is defintely benign. Came as a bit of a shock but I would rather them be 100% sure than have it left in me and then for it to turn nasty.

Work are fully in the loop about everything and are being really supportive which is great.

Once the news is out there, the amount of people that have been touched by breast cancer is amazing, there are 5 people at my work alone that have been affected by this disease in some capacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment