Saturday 30 June 2012

Life Is A Rollercoaster

....you've just gotta ride it...... Never really liked that song truth be told but lyrics are kinda true for me at the moment.

Each morning I wake up & for a split second I forget, then smack, reality wallops me in the face & I remember I've got the big C.

Posted the link to this blog on Twitface 2 days ago & the response to it has been somewhat overwhelming. Why am I doing the blog? The main reason is that I find it cathartic. I've always been a "lists" person, write something down that needs doing & feel satisfaction at scribbling a line through it. For me, this (somewhat rambling) blog is a way of organising & processing my thoughts. Once it's written down it's real & it needs dealing with. Secondly (& maybe a little cowardly) it means I can tell people about all this without actually having to "tell" them. Lastly it may offer something to someone out there who might be going through the same horrors as I am.

The beauty of Twitface is that they allow people to get in touch who you may not have heard from in years & you know what, I don't care that it's taken something like this to hear from people, a kind word is like a virtual hug (i'm gonna call them Vugs) and I've come to find that vugs are pretty powerful things :)

Yesterday I had my monthly book club (no that's not a euphemism!) with the girls where we spent (I think a record time of) 5 mins discussing the book and the rest having a good catch up.

Yesterday also marked the arrival of an early birthday present in the form of a shiny new IPad, am already addicted!

Today A&P came over with a lovely box of all natural Lush treats for me, I'll be asking the chemo nurses if I can use scented things when I have my meeting on Monday - I hope so though coz they actually do smell Lush :)

1 comment:

  1. I think it was impressive we managed 5mins as no one had read the book!
    SJP x

    ReplyDelete