Friday 22 June 2012

I Have Cancer

The post title says it all, it's bad news: I have Breast Cancer. Invasive ductal and lobular. Grade 3 (it's agressive and 3.2cm in size).

We went to see Dr Stacey-Clear and I could immediately tell by his face that something was wrong. We've all seen the adverts, every 2 minutes someone in the UK is told they have cancer. He said to me that 1 of the lumps was clear but that the other was "nasty". We asked him to clarify and he said it was cancerous and that I'd need chemo.

The world started spinning and I started to tremble. Rob looked white. We were led into the "Cancer Room" again by Carol and she went off to get some information and Rob and I stood in silence, tears running down our faces hugging. I am in shock.

Carol comes back with a pack of information for us but it all passes in a blur. Rob is my rock listening, taking it all in.

Then we leave. An hour earlier the world was a completely different place. Now I have cancer.

Rob rings my mum, his mum, my dad, my boss, his sister. I text people not knowing how to tell them the news. There are tears, disbelief, messages of support. OMFG, I can't believe this is happening.

We drive home to pick up Fagin, drive to Mum and Colin's where Mum meets me in the drive with a hug and lots of tears.

Everyone's words are "We are going to beat this". I am going to try my hardest but I can't control what happens in my body but I know focus and determination is going to be key.

No comments:

Post a Comment