Friday 15 June 2012

The Beginning

I had a lump in my left breast for a little while. I thought it was something to do with my glands being up but on 25th May I decided to tell Rob about it. He agreed it wasn't "normal" and asked me to go to the doctor's which I did. The doctor felt my boobs and agreed in the left one there was a lump between 2 and 3cm and said that it could easily be something called a "breast mouse" but that it could also be something that needed further investigation so they referred me to a breast clinic.

As we were due to be going to Florida on 29th May we decided to go private and saw Dr Stacey-Clear at the Spire Clinic on 28th May. He agreed I had a lump and then I had an ultrasound. The lady doing the ultrasound agreed there was something there that needed to be investigated but said that delaying anything by 2 weeks (our Floriday time) wouldn't matter.

Florida was fantastic but I did have the niggling worry about "the lump" the whole time I was there. When we got back from Florida I had a letter advising me of a mammogram appointment on Friday 15th June followed by a consultation, ultrasound and biopy on Monday 18th June.

No comments:

Post a Comment